Friday 23 May 2014

Group picture and reflections

(Top: Gerald Goh, Lionel. Bottom: Yi Xuan, Ting Fang, Kathy)

Lionel's Reflections:


During my holiday, I went to Yogyakarta, Indonesia. I went there for 3 months. I enjoyed my stay in Yogyakarta as it was a very fascinating and amazing place.I went to many tourist attractions like the Borobudur temple. It is one of the worlds’ famous temple .The monument consists of six square platforms topped by three circular platforms, and is decorated with 2,672 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues
I also went to MMerapiIts an active volcano, last eruption in 2010. On the foot of the volcano, I saw burnt cars and graves of those who lost their lives in the eruption. It was a little tragic but the scenery there is still beautiful.
Lastly, I find my trip to Yogyakarta very fruitful. I saw the poverty and plight ofthe numerous beggars living on the street. This trip has taught me to always appreciate the things I have .

Gerald's Reflections:



I did not go overseas during this holiday, but I did celebrate my nephews one year old birthday. He is extremely cute and loves to stare at you as though he had some long grudge against you. It may be kinda scary but it's also cute in its own way!

Ting Fang's Reflections:


Okinawa was absolutely stunning. It had the freshest air I had ever taken in and the healthiest yet most mouth-watering food I have ever tried. The people there were very friendly and the environment was so clean despite the fact that there weren't many dustbins around, which led me to the conclusion that the Japanese were so disciplined to keep the litter with them instead of taking the easy way out and littering. The ocean was unlike any other i have seen in the many countries I've visited. It had different shades of blue yet it was crystal clear. If only I could spend another seven days in Okinawa, an island of paradise!

Yi Xuan's Reflections:


During the December holidays, I went back to school almost everyday. Every week, I had to go back around three days to practice the Free Style Drill as I am now part of the team. Whenever there is no practice for FSD, I would either have to go to school for the Tan Kah Kee competition or to practice our platoon dance.

On the 27th of December, our year 4 seniors in NCC had their ROD. As it was a big event, our platoon prepared a dance to perform. We were very nervous to go up the stage that day as our dance was not prefect. However, we did fine during our performance and also got cheers from the audience.

After our performance was bonding time with our seniors. We gave them many presents while they gave us some too. They gave us each a scrapbook that they took a whole week to make. We were very touched by it and we cried when we went through the book at home.

The December holidays did not feel like a holiday at all. I was really busy and hardly had time to do my homework. However, I was glad that we got to bond with many of our seniors.

Kathy's Reflections:



Last year was the best vacation of my life, because together with my parents, I visited the Great Wall of China, one of the seven wonders of the world! There are several reasons why it was my best vacation. First of all, I like visiting historic place and the Great Wall is a historic site. The construction of the Wall first began during the about 2,500 years ago. Some kingdoms built huge walls hoping to protect their territories. The Great Wall is of great significance as it reflects much of China’s extensive history and that was what made our trip there meaningful and educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment